October Kindergarten At Home Menus for Distance Learning
Total pages: 15
File size: 4 MB
These October KINDERGARTEN at-home learning menus keep students learning at home and engaged in content in October! The menus are easy to follow, promote collaboration between students and parents, and do not require any prep work! Students complete a box from the learning menu and cross the box off after it is completed.
(If you are looking for my First Grade October At Home Menus, Click HERE.)
WHAT LEARNING MENUS ARE INCLUDED?
- READING MENU: includes activities for Read to Self (read the pictures), Read with Someone, and Respond to Reading (by drawing pictures)
- WRITING MENU: includes a handwriting category, a Draw and Label category to respond to a prompt, and a beginning sounds category. In this category, students will draw pictures that begin with the letter in each box.
- MATH MENU: includes math problems and activities for oral counting, writing numbers (count the pictures and write how many), and a ten frames category (identify and write the number shown in the ten frames). The ten frames in the category this month include numbers 6-10.
- HANDS-ON MENU: includes activities for science, social studies, and a category that includes activities for music, PE, art, and character education
WHAT ALL IS INCLUDED IN MY DOWNLOAD?
- A Teacher PDF which has instructions, ideas, suggestions, and printable learning menus
- A link in the Teacher PDF that allows you add digital menus to your Google Slides™ and share them with your students (via Google Classroom™ or another secure site that you use for distance learning with your students)
- Parent PDF that you can e-mail directly to the parents of your students (ink-friendly)
HOW CAN I USE THESE WITH MY STUDENTS?
Teachers can choose how they wish to use the menus. You might require students to complete one to three boxes from each menu per week, or require them to simply complete the entire menu by the end of the month at their own pace. You’ll want to explain your expectations for the menus to your students through whichever platform you are using to communicate to families. These could also simply be distributed to parents as additional, supplemental, or optional work they can choose to do with their children at home. Choose what works best for you!
WHO WERE THESE LEARNING MENUS CREATED FOR?
These learning menus were designed for kindergartners! The math menu is geared toward kindergarten learners, but Pre-K children can benefit from the practice and problems if they are assisted by an adult. These learning menus would also be great for first graders who need reteaching or a modified curriculum. Students are encouraged to draw pictures to respond to the questions, prompts, and activities. Of course, students who are ready to write can certainly do this, too!
HOW CAN I SHARE THESE WITH MY STUDENTS FOR DISTANCE LEARNING?
- Copy the specific learning menu that you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation of all four learning menus with your students and let them complete the activities from all four menus at once. (I advise that you let your students know how many boxes from each menu you would like them to complete per week.)
- Create a folder or topic in your Google Classroom™ and allow students/parents to access the learning menu(s) they would like to work on (This option is nice if you are using the menus as supplemental/optional/extra at-home work.)
These at-home learning menus are permitted to be shared by ONE classroom teacher for Distance Learning purposes. They can only be shared through a secure app or non-public site that you use with ONLY your students for distance learning/remote learning purposes. You MAY email the Parent PDF directly to the students in your classroom. Please note that my resources are not allowed to be used in OutSchool in any way.
I hope you enjoy these October KINDERGARTEN At-Home Learning Menus!
Miss DeCarbo, Inc.
Google Drive™, Google Slides™, and Google Classroom™ are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation, sponsorship with or endorsement by them.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.