December At Home Learning Menus Distance Learning
Total pages: 15
File size: 5 MB
These December At Home Learning Menus keep students learning at home and engaged in content! They are perfect for remote learning, distance learning, supplemental learning, homeschooling, or as homework menus. The menus are easy to follow, promote collaboration between students and parents, and do not require any prep work! Students complete a box from the learning menu and cross the box off after it is completed.
WHAT LEARNING MENUS ARE INCLUDED?
- READING MENU: includes activities for Read to Self, Read to Someone, and Respond to Reading (This month features a focus on nonfiction books, main idea and details, retelling nonfiction and fiction, asking questions, rereading for fluency, reading like a news reporter, listening skills, sight words, taking a sneak peek at a nonfiction book)
- Writing MENU: This December writing menu includes a narrative and creative writing category, informative writing prompts, and a word work category for cvc-e words (silent e or “sneaky e” words).
- MATH MENU: includes math activities and problems for counting and writing numbers through 120, exploring numbers by counting tens and ones place value blocks, and a category for solving beginning addition word problems with sums up to 20.
- HANDS-ON MENU: includes activities for science, social studies, and a category that includes activities for music, PE, art, and character education. The science section focuses on light this month. The social studies section focuses on family traditions and family holidays. Gratitude is the character education focus for December.
WHAT ALL IS INCLUDED IN MY DOWNLOAD?
- A Teacher PDF which has instructions, ideas, suggestions, and printable learning menus
- A link in the Teacher PDF that allows you add digital menus to your Google Slides™ and share them with your students (via Google Classroom™ or another secure site that you use for distance learning with your students)
- Parent PDF that you can e-mail directly to the parents of your students (ink-friendly)
HOW CAN I USE THESE WITH MY STUDENTS?
Teachers can choose how they wish to use the menus. You might require students to complete one to three boxes from each menu per week, or require them to simply complete the entire menu by the end of the month at their own pace. You’ll want to explain your expectations for the menus to your students through whichever platform you are using to communicate to families. These could also simply be distributed to parents as additional, supplemental, or optional work they can choose to do with their children at home. Choose what works best for you!
WHO WERE THESE LEARNING MENUS CREATED FOR?
These learning menus were designed for first graders. The math menu is geared toward first grade learners, but second graders can benefit from review of first grade materials (especially if they are working independently on the math menu or for struggling second grade students). These learning menus would also be great for kindergarten enrichment and students who are in second or third grade but need reteaching in core concepts, special education instruction, or a modified curriculum.
HOW CAN I SHARE THESE WITH MY STUDENTS FOR DISTANCE LEARNING?
- Copy the specific learning menu that you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation of all four learning menus with your students and let them complete the activities from all four menus at once. (I advise that you let your students know how many boxes from each menu you would like them to complete per week.)
- Create a folder or topic in your Google Classroom™ and allow students/parents to access the learning menu(s) they would like to work on (This option is nice if you are using the menus as supplemental/optional/extra at-home work.)
These at-home learning menus are permitted to be shared by ONE classroom teacher for Distance Learning purposes. They can only be shared through a secure app or non-public site that you use with ONLY your students for distance learning/remote learning purposes. You MAY email the Parent PDF directly to the students in your classroom.
I hope you enjoy these December At-Home Learning Menus!
Miss DeCarbo, Inc.
Google Drive™, Google Slides™, and Google Classroom™ are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation, sponsorship with or endorsement by them.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.