First Grade At-Home Learning Menus BUNDLE Distance Learning
Total pages: 135
File size: 15 MB
This bundle contains NINE monthly at-home learning menu packs to keep students learning at home and engaged in content! These learning menus can also be used as your emergency remote or virtual sub plans, if needed! They would be great to have on hand in case anything comes up throughout the year. The menus are easy to follow, promote collaboration between students and parents, and do not require any prep work! Students complete a box from the learning menu and cross the box off after it is completed.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Nine months of at-home learning packs are included in the bundle. (August/September is combined and titled “Back to School”.) Each monthly pack of at-home learning menus includes a menu for reading, writing, and math. A hands-on learning menu is also included, which contains activities for science, social studies, art, physical education, character education, and music! Activities can be completed with an adult at home and any written work can be completed in a notebook or on blank paper. Each month’s pack includes FOUR menus that can be printed OR added digitally do your Google Drive via a link that is included in each month’s download. All menus are available in a Google Slides version and can be used in your secure, online classroom! A separate parent PDF is also included if you wish to email it directly to your students’ families.
WHAT LEARNING MENUS ARE INCLUDED?
- READING MENU: Each monthly reading menu contains a column of activities for Read to Self, Read to Someone, and Respond to Reading. Each month, students will work on sequenced phonics skills, reading stamina, reading enjoyment, partner reading, comprehension skills and strategies, and respond to reading through drawing and writing. Work is completed in a notebook or on paper. Students will use books they have at home or books you provide for them.
- WRITING MENU: Each monthly writing menu contains activities that move students along in their independent writing skills. A word work column is included each month. This column focuses on a sequenced phonics skill. Writing prompts in the areas of narrative, informative, opinion, and creative writing is included throughout the year. At the beginning of the year, students learn how to draw and label their pictures. Work is completed in a notebook or on paper.
- MATH MENU: Each monthly math menu contains a column for students to count and write numbers up to 120. The middle column, Exploring Numbers, includes activities for place value, comparing numbers, fact families, etc. The third column includes word problem and story problem activities. These progress in difficulty throughout the year. Each month has a story problem focus such as addition, subtraction, comparing, three addend addition, mixed addition and subtraction, etc. Shapes and telling time are included in April and May’s menus.
- HANDS-ON MENU: Each monthly hands-on menu contains activities for science, social studies, physical education, music, art, and character education. Each month’s science and social studies activities varies and includes a focus on concepts such as force and motion, sound, light, family traditions, economics, rules, maps, states of matter, and more! Work is completed in a notebook, on paper, or is often hands-on or through discussion.
HOW CAN I USE THESE WITH MY STUDENTS?
Teachers can choose how they wish to use the menus. You might require students to complete one to three boxes from each menu per week, or require them to simply complete the entire menu by the end of the month at their own pace. You’ll want to explain your expectations for the menus to your students through whichever platform you are using to communicate to families. These could also simply be distributed to parents as additional, supplemental, or optional work they can choose to do with their children at home. They are perfect for remote, virtual, or distance learning! Choose what works best for you!
WHO WERE THESE LEARNING MENUS CREATED FOR?
These learning menus were designed for first grade. Many second grade teachers use these as review work, since they are completed at home and do not require any direct instruction from the teacher. The math menu is geared toward first grade learners, but second graders can benefit from the practice and problems that are included (especially if they are working independently on the math menu). These learning menus would also be great for kindergarten enrichment and students who are in second or third grade but need reteaching or a modified curriculum. Special education teachers may also find these menus helpful for their students, depending on academic goals and needs.
HOW CAN I SHARE THESE WITH MY STUDENTS FOR DISTANCE LEARNING?
- Copy the specific learning menu that you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation of all four learning menus with your students and let them complete the activities from all four menus at once. (I advise that you let your students know how many boxes from each menu you would like them to complete per week.)
- Create a folder or topic in your Google Classroom™ and allow students/parents to access the learning menu(s) they would like to work on (This option is nice if you are using the menus as supplemental/optional/extra at-home work.)
These at-home learning menus are permitted to be shared by ONE classroom teacher for Distance Learning purposes. They can only be shared through a secure app or non-public site that you use with ONLY your students for distance learning/remote learning purposes. You MAY email the Parent PDF directly to the students in your classroom.
Miss DeCarbo, Inc.
Google Drive™, Google Slides™, and Google Classroom™ are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation, sponsorship with or endorsement by them.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.