This collection of quick reading reference sheets are perfect for teachers to use at their small group reading table. This convenient reading tool includes helpful reminders such as how to score the accuracy on a running record, go-to prompts that you can use as you help students decode and make meaning from text, general comprehension questions to ask students during your reading lessons, a fluency and retelling rubric, thinking stems, and more! I hope this teaching tool becomes a valuable resource that you can use to refer to throughout the school year and provides you with quick and helpful information that you can use on a daily basis. You can place your reference sheets on a book ring and snap it into your reading binder. It makes a great addition to your teacher toolkit!
The following is a list of the different reference pages that are included:
• title page
• suggested reading expectation guide for DRA and F&P Guided Reading levels
• prompts for meaning, syntax, and visual cueing systems
• suggested teaching points for pre-a readers, emergent readers, early readers, transitional readers, and fluent readers
• running record cheat sheet for coding a running record
• reminders for scoring a running record
• running record scoring sheet for accuracy
• running record scoring sheet for self-corrections
• retelling rubric for use during reading lessons or after a running record
• fluency rubric
• comprehension discussion starters
• comprehension thinking stems
• ALL pages are available in full-size printing options, too!
Watch the preview video for a closer look at the available pages!
The discussion starters and thinking stems that are included in this pack contain the pages for the following comprehension strategies and skills:
• prior knowledge and schema
• making connections
• determining importance
• responding and reflection
Ideas for using the reading reference ring:
• during small-group reading instruction
• while lesson planning
• as a reference for parent-teacher conferences
• for ideas on comprehension questions to ask
• while administering and scoring a running record
• as a reference tool for your teacher binder
• during literacy coaching sessions
• while creating anchor charts for comprehension strategies
• as a resource for a new teacher or student teacher
• print the comprehension pages for parents to use during nightly reading
I hope you find this reading resource helpful for your small group reading, one-on-one reading conferences, and general reading lessons within your classroom. (Please note that at this time, this product is not available in an editable format.)
If you should have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss DeCarbo, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.