Math and ELA Scavenger Hunts for Distance Learning BUNDLE
Total pages: 91
File size: 30 MB
This bundle pack contains my Math Scavenger Hunts and my ELA Scavenger Hunts for Distance Learning packs! EACH pack contains six fun and quick scavenger hunts (6 ELA / phonics-based scavenger hunts AND 6 math-based scavenger hunts) for a total of TWELVE scavenger hunts that you can use during virtual meetings with your class! Use them during a Zoom™ meeting or a Google Meet™ lesson by sharing your screen while students participate in each scavenger hunt. You can have students complete one scavenger hunt per meeting, or you can complete as many as you would like!
- The ELA scavenger hunts cover six ELA topics: beginning sounds, ending sounds, digraphs, short vowels, long vowels, and syllables.
- The MATH scavenger hunts cover six MATH topics: numbers, math in our everyday world, 2D shapes, 3D shapes, measurement, and time and money.
Each of the twelve scavenger hunt topics contains five things for students to find and bring back to their computers or devices. Each challenge also contains “Let’s Think and Talk About It!” prompts OR a “Bonus Riddles Challenge” box for the ELA pack. The “Let’s Think and Talk About It!” prompts for the teacher help you can lead your class in a discussion about the object they just found in order to deepen their understanding, learning, and critical thinking! The “Bonus Riddles Challenge” boxes in the ELA pack challenges students to think of three objects or words that contain the hunt’s phonics focus! (These also help strengthen inference skills!) Students will LOVE hunting for objects in their house to share with their classmates. YOU will love the educational value of these games and the discussion prompts that will facilitate lots of thinking and brain power!
What is included in this download?
- A PDF file for the TEACHER that explains how the scavenger hunts can be used and directions for using the scavenger hunts with your class on a Zoom™ or Google Meet™ meeting or lesson. (You can use it with any platform that enables you to share your screen with your class.)
- TWO versions of the scavenger hunt file: a PDF file and a PowerPoint SLIDESHOW file. Both file versions work in the same way. You can choose which file version you want to use on your computer as you share your screen. (In this way, if you don’t have PowerPoint installed on your computer, you can simply share the PDF file with your class and it will still work!)
- (If you wanted to simply hold up the challenge to your computer without sharing your screen, you could print the pages from the PDF file and use them that way, too.)
- Teacher Answer Keys for the discussion prompts and the bonus riddles in the ELA pack. The math pack does not contain answer keys, as answers will vary.
When can I use these scavenger hunts and who are they designed for?
The scavenger hunts are great to use as a meeting warm-up, game, lesson introduction, lesson review, and for spiral review and practice. They are geared toward first grade but could be used for second grade review, too, as a way to get students warmed up and interacting with one another and as a way to increase participation during your virtual meetings. Kindergarten classrooms will also benefit from these scavenger hunts because all students can participate with teacher facilitation. Students are encouraged to listen to the sounds and orally say the words to the objects they find!
Can I check out what some of the challenges are in each scavenger hunt?
Yes! Download the free Preview Files for each individual resource, which each contain a Teacher Directions file so that you can read about how this works and see some sample pictures of the challenges included. Each scavenger hunt game contains five things for the students to find and bring back to their computers or devices to share. By purchasing the bundle pack, you receive TWELVE scavenger hunt games!
These ELA Scavenger Hunts and MATH Scavenger Hunts are permitted to be shared by ONE classroom teacher for Distance Learning purposes. Additional licenses are available if teammates or other teachers wish to use them with their classrooms, too. They can be used in a teacher’s SECURED distance learning platform. They CANNOT be shared with a district, other teachers, or uploaded to the Internet for anyone other than your current classroom of students.
I hope you enjoy these ELA and MATH Scavenger Hunts for Distance Learning with your students! Find more digital resources for distance learning by clicking the DIGITAL RESOURCE category in my shop!
Miss DeCarbo, Inc.
Zoom™, Google Drive™, Google Slides™, Google Meet™, and Google Classroom™ are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation, sponsorship with or endorsement by them.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.
There are no reviews yet.